11.12.2008

Holla from White Plains, NY. Training was good, but my free time has been way boring. At least the night crew at the Outback across the street loves my ass. I even got free Blue Moon! :-D

I've finally come to terms with it. People grow up and crap like that. So many friends are getting hitched, having babies, et cetera, et cetera.

But just because you get married, you aren't officially a grown up.

Case in point, my bff of over 11 years. He's married, has a six year old beautiful son and one on the way, but only in the past couple of weeks has he started to pull up his bootstraps, so to speak. Crazy wife and all. And I do mean crazy.

I'm road-tripping to a high school teammate's wedding in Huntsville this weekend, with the bonus of hanging out with my bff the next day (that I turn 27. Woo or something). . . but I'm thinking about the wedding gift, and am at a loss. I really want to give the bride something to remember in my gift. I don't want to do the whole impersonal gift card thing, and I've found some creative ideas online, but I'm afraid someone else will beat me to the punch.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome, and potentially awesome!

The facts are this:
A: She likes to party
B: Her fiancee also likes to party, but I have yet to meet him
C: Fiancee is Canadian. LOL
D: We played volleyball together for over seven years
E: Huntsville
F: More drinking
G: I've lost a lot of time with her, but anytime we meet it's like it was yesterday.
H: Her father passed away a few years back, and I knew him well, but maybe not well enough to do anything like that. And besides, it's a wedding and I don't want to make her cry any more than she (or I) will.

Help please!

4 comments:

Belle said...

Hey girl hang in there! Here are a couple of ideas....

http://www.thingsremembered.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_9951_582159_-1_1?fcref=

or...

http://www.thingsremembered.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_9951_610827_-1_1?fcref=

or my fav personalized to say something like For all the Memories and upload some pic of you two and them or even pics from the wedding day. :)

http://www.weddingchannelstore.com/weddingchannel/ProductPage.aspx?scId=FramesAndAlbums(KnotShop)&pId=P1687(KnotShop)&cId=Attendant%20Gifts(KnotShop)&cTypF=

Take care! Love ya!

Larry said...

Yeah, I'd help. But, being a guy, the whole gift shopping thing makes me cringe like nothing else can. Sorry.

Unknown said...

Okay, I had an idea, but I don't know if it's a good one. You could come up with a drink recipe and name it after them. Then you put together a basket w/ all the necessary ingredients and two glasses.

Just a thought. You mentioned drinking a lot. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy! So one of the best personal gifts I've ever got was one that was made for me. My friend Cassie was moving to Oregon from Chi and I was moving to STL to work at Wash U. She picked up one of those shadow boxes. The type of picture frame that has a couple inches of depth to it and you put stuff inside of it but can then hang it on the wall. She glued a bunch of stuff inside like little fake shot glasses with her own personalized writing on it. We also played volleyball together and she went to a craft book store and got some cool ass stuff and put a half volleyball in there writing our team's name on it. She put up pics in the background of her and I and our volleyball team. She just filled it with memories and really special stuff. On the back she then wrote a very sweet note/poem saying what she wanted to say. I now live states away from her and barely ever get to talk to her. But I have that shadow box hanging in my room and I see it every day and it is very special to me! Then you could also get like a normal gift so that you did something sentimental and something useful. Blah blah. I miss you! :>.)