Life.
How do you stop floating through it?
I want to enjoy every second. I want to take every moment in and savor it for everything it's worth. But when everything is said and done, have I done all I can to capture what that cliche 'full and prosperous life' truly is?
I'm pretty sure I'm not even close.
The best example of someone doing just that, in my personal experience, is my Great Aunt June. At 78 years young, she has truly lived her life "balls out", at every twist and turn. Though she may have stumbled a few times, she picked her chin up and redeemed herself. At the very least, I completely envy her ability to pack up the bare necessities, move to random places, and experience things I could only imagine.
Right now I'm looking at the epitome of a crossroads in my life, and though it scares me, I'm not shaking in my boots just yet. Because you know what? Debt will follow you wherever you go, and it will get paid off eventually. The scenery sometimes just needs a change, at work as well as in your everyday life. Ties get broken, and new ones formed, but you never forget those who truly made an impact in your growth as a human being.
Eventually for me has taken a while to set in, but... Eventually. One day. You might find yourself looking in the mirror at someone who you know can do so much better for herself -- and you realize that you're both fed up with your mediocrity.
So as I embark on the next phase of my life, I just want to tell all you lovely friends of mine that I will never forget how we grew up together, what trials we survived together, whatever drama we experienced together... and that we will never lose touch.
BTW -- If we haven't spoken recently, just fyi, I do "send care from afar". :)
8.23.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
"You might find yourself looking in the mirror at someone who you know can do so much better for herself -- and you realize that you're both fed up with your mediocrity."
God, I hope this happens for me. Eventually.
:)
So, what if we have spoken recently? Do you still send care?
I always send care your way, muffin. ;)
Got news, so we need to do another one of those dinners soon!
Post a Comment