9.08.2008

Is there any GOOD way to pack a suit? Ugh.

Thank goodness I don't have to go straight to the interview from the airport. That would've truly sucked.

Instead, I will arrive late, get my SUV (since that's the cheapest rental you can find in California -- duh), drive to the hotel, check in, hang up my suit and promptly crash (hopefully anyway). By that time it will probably be midnight Pacific time, or 2AM CST.

I'm going to attempt to sleep in, but since my body is on an unforgiving wake-your-ass-up-by-7am CST schedule, I'll probably be wide awake by at least 6am. Not looking forward to that. So, I'll just have to make myself sleep more. Damnit, right? At least I will be wide awake by 2pm Pacific, 4pm CST, which is when my interview begins. By the time it ends, it will be well-past a well-deserved beer-thirty. :-P

I have every intention of landing this job on my visit to Silicon Valley, and will do everything in my power to make it so. This is just the kind of change I need in my life - a job that challenges me, gives me a new car to drive (BONUS), lets me travel (albeit mostly in the midwest, where we're supposed to have a hellacious winter.. oh well), allows me to work with customers to install and keep their analytical instruments up and running . . . it's right up my alley.

Gee, I think I just answered one of my highly potential interview questions. :-D

Stay tuned, more to follow from lovely Fremont, California! And maybe even some pictures, too . . .

2 comments:

Larry said...

I'm so jealous of you right now. I love the Bay Area. Fremont is an awesome town, too. It has a quaint little downtown shopping area like old town St. Charles. I almost moved there back in 1999. Don't go into Hayward though. It is just north of Fremont and when I was there it was a shithole. I guess that holds true to everything as you get closer to Oakland.

Good luck with the interview. Sorry, I didn't call you back this weekend. My phone crapped out on me again on Friday and I didn't have one until I got home Monday night.

Goosechild said...

I'll have to check that downtown area out in two weeks. :) I'm also gonna ask around to see if anybody would like to accompany me to the Sharks season opener against the Ducks!

How green with envy are you NOW? haha