Suddenly I feel like I'm putting on my big girl pants and joining the grown ups by securing my job with Thermo Fisher. I've had two decent positions previous to this, one of which had fantastic benefits (it WAS at the medical school, after all), but nothing really impressive until now. After five years of college and three years of working crappy science jobs, I can officially call myself an ENGINEER! I don't think anyone understands how happy that makes me, but you will soon.
And that, my friends, is what makes waiting to get the hell out and away from the contract job at Monsanto even more problematic. I want to work hard and help out where I can, but I have never felt as uninterested as I do now after securing my new position. My mentality at the moment boils down to this: since I'm stuck there for an additional two weeks, I might as well be busy and make the money, so just lay it on me. It makes the time pass faster.
I hate thinking like that, but after a year of being 'crapped on' as a contractor, I think I'm entitled.
Oh yeah, here are some pictures from my interview trip. :-D
Headquarters of the Specialty Diagnostics Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific
Hotel battle room at the Mariott, across the street from HQ

3 comments:
I LOVE that last picture!
And I'm so stoked for you and your new job. Great things are coming your way, chica...and you totally deserve it! :)
The captain hadn't told us we could use approved electronic devices, but I was like.. screw it man, how many times am I gonna see something like this?! *SNAP*
Thank you dear! All it took was a violent shove in the right direction (knowing time was running out at the RoundUp Factory), and me just acting like myself, and voila. I think I learned my lesson as far as hiding away is concerned!
Good for you. Can I hide in your luggage on your trips to both coasts, please?
I also love that last picture. I remember landing in SF one time just ahead of the fog. We landed and it was like the fog was chasing us. We could actually watch it roll through the airport and out toward the bay. I love that city.
Post a Comment