I forgot how much I love Texas. Until this weekend.
In a matter of 34 hours I managed to do the following:
1. Catch up with an old flame who picked me up from the airport. We had a great time, and he took me to an AWESOME Irish pub on McKinney, to boot! (for those of you who don't know, the actual surname of my ancestors way back when was O'Lane) Great night! :)
2. Had a nice long visit with my roommate and best friend from Southwestern, who I haven't been able to spend quality time with for almost two years. That lag in visiting will NEVER happen again. This woman and I have been through hell and back, and still love the hell out of each other. So there you go! Genny, you rock my face off! :)
3. Had lunch with my best friend of 20 years and her first born, Zachariah, all of two months old. He's a great kid, though he has a bobblehead and I was really apprehensive about handling him. I have to admit though, once I did have him in my arms, that biological clock started to tick... and I'm okay with that. At least right now it's a somewhat muted ticking!
4. I was an attendant for a HS volleyball teammate's wedding. I got to briefly visit the bride, and though she was a bit flustered, she was holding up pretty damn well. She told me to mentally-douche her mom, though, which was no surprise to me, as CK's mom has always been a handful. I had to re-live some crazy memories of being shipped to a tournament in a freakin' taxi because CK's mom lost her keys. LOL - GREAT times!
I did my best to fulfill my duties as the almost-bridesmaid. Though it would have been an honor to be her bridesmaid, I'm glad I could at least take care of her guests, as I saved the day at the sign-in, as well as the candlelight cermony. \m/
I don't think I've had a quality visit with Cassie since I left DFW to move to STL. Regardless, we kept in touch, though only occasionally, so I was honored to be a part of her wedding. There were a few hiccups, as in all weddings I'm sure, but she could not have picked a better setting or better weather for that matter! Pictures to follow. Freakin' GORGEOUS.
I caught up with some more HS volleyball buddies, and it was awesome to see them at the reception. Megan, Kristin, and Heather are some spectacular women with whom I am more than pleased to affiliate myself, and I look forward to spending more time with them on my next visit. :)
3.16.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay! I'm stoked that you had such a good time at home!
Post a Comment