10.12.2008

A BlackBerry should be insured for free, I think.

I had no idea about the pricetag of this piece of equipment, nor the sophistication of said hardware. I feel like Special Ed trying to navigate my way through this thing, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Did you know a BlackBerry Curve costs like eight hundred bucks? Oh, and they're ordering my new laptop with docking station, monitor, etc. So my new laptop is pretty much gonna waste space, which pisses me off but what to do. Anyway, it's kinda scary they're trusting me with such expensive tools. I wonder how I'll feel about the car, knowing it's not really mine and using it everyday around stupid people on the road. At least they give me an option to buy it at the end of the lease if I desire. With the company paying the tab for at least a couple of years, that's like getting a pretty sweet used car, and you actually know the previous driver and history.

I know all the neato toys will eventually lose their shimmer, but for now it's all new and cool and stuff. I just hope the travel aspect of this job doesn't get old for quite a while!

I'll write more from Texas next week, and New York the week after. :-)

2 comments:

Larry said...

Well, if you don't want you old-new laptop...or if you feel bad letting it collect dust...

Sounds like you got yourself a pretty cool new gig. Can't wait to hear stories from the field.

Goosechild said...

Well L-dawg, this baby only has about five months of use, but I might be able to cut you a deal. ;P