Leap Day 2008.
I never gave much thought to leap years in the past, but this one is strange to me. Perhaps because of all the changes going on in my life. Maybe because I'm having to rediscover who I am and what I want out of life. I honestly feel like I'm at a crossroads. Lights flashing. The train has already hit me, but here I am.. still breathing. The possibilities may be endless, but how do I figure out which direction to take?
Suck it up and pick something, damnit. I'm so tired of waivering in my decisions. I basically floated through college, and though I had a blast, I didn't plan for the future... at all. And that's why, ladies and gentlemen, even with two college degrees from highly respected schools, they don't mean jack unless you have a plan for how to use them.
It's time to grow the F--- up. I've only got a little more than three years left of my twenties, and I'm gonna make every single waking hour count for something.
Three months into the new year, I've finally found a resolution worth fighting for. So thank you, weirdass Leap Year, for giving me that extra day to finally say 'F--- this, I'm going to Law School!'
Suck it up and pick something, damnit. I'm so tired of waivering in my decisions. I basically floated through college, and though I had a blast, I didn't plan for the future... at all. And that's why, ladies and gentlemen, even with two college degrees from highly respected schools, they don't mean jack unless you have a plan for how to use them.
It's time to grow the F--- up. I've only got a little more than three years left of my twenties, and I'm gonna make every single waking hour count for something.
Three months into the new year, I've finally found a resolution worth fighting for. So thank you, weirdass Leap Year, for giving me that extra day to finally say 'F--- this, I'm going to Law School!'

2 comments:
Yay! Good for you! I wish that I had the good sense to get my shit together earlier. Now I'll be at LEAST 35 before I can graduate, just with my freaking bachelor's degree. But hopefully that will put me on the right path...
Timing means crapshit, dude. Honestly, everytime I hear that cliche 'timing is everything' bullshit, I wretch.
We are not all on the same timeline. Who cares when or where it happens, just that it does.. so go get it, girl!
And things shall fall into place.... or some shiznit like that.
Post a Comment