1.26.2008

Big Momma laughs in my face once again.

Everybody knows I am constantly having car trouble, but haven't been in a position to buy a new car, not even moving toward that goal until my recent career move. But this was so so so like, the last straw. Big Momma has to go.

So I haven't been able to start my car since last Saturday, the coldest night of the winter season thus far. After speaking with Daddy, the self professed mechanic, we figured it was a frozen fuel line after getting some water logged bad gas.. no biggie, just had to wait it out until today, when we hit a balmy 52 degrees.

I would've spent my time AND money better at the driving range.

After some poking, prodding, bouncing and lots of cursing, BM finally gave in and started up for me. I was stoked. So much so that I drove to QT, filled her up, and bought lottery tickets (as i was feeling LUCKY. Ha).

Forty-five bucks of gas and a soda later, the bitch was back. I had a full tank of gas, a frosty beverage, even some road snacks ready, but I couldn't start my car. Irony. Still trying to get it started, I watched a Tiburon coast past me, the same color and year as my Rice Rocket (RIP). WTF dude. That's not funny.



At least I can thank you, God, for providing me with Cingular's roadside assistance feature. I have used it to its full potential in the past year, and it is DEFINITELY worth the extra $2.99 a month in my case.

So my car will magically appear to the mechanics at Danmark Auto on Monday. And I will pray that they tell me it's a stupid clogged fuel filter, or spark plugs, something. Just please God make it something CHEAP!

In the meantime, pointers on car shopping are welcome.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh - that sucks, girl. I'm sorry!

I have no car shopping tips, however. I've only done that once, and I know I got hosed. Good luck.

Larry said...

Nice. Good luck with Big Mamma.